- This event has passed.
Engines Alive | Caloundra | 22 January
At Engines Alive hear the noise! Feel the power! See the restored vintage engines come to life. 70+ aircraft and related displays. Lots of entertainment for all the family = loads of family fun!
The Queensland Air Museum has the largest, and most diverse heritage aviation display in Australia with 100 historically significant aircraft and aviation-related displays.
- Franklin V6, 0-335 flat 6 Helicopter engine.
- Allison V12, V1710 120R 1943 Piston Aero Engine
- Continental -Red Seal- 10-520-B.
- 6 Cylinder horizontally-opposed aircraft engine.
- Konning SD-57D. Four cylinder, two-stroke single ignition radial engine.
- Gipsy Major. Series 1. RAAF ident No B17-C.
The Queensland Air Museum is the perfect local attraction for both aviation enthusiasts and families alike! The museum is located at 7 Pathfinder Drive in Caloundra, Queensland, and is open daily (except Christmas Day) from 10am to 4pm. The museum is not-for-profit and membership is open to anyone with an interest in aviation. The museum has no paid staff and is a great location for Sunshine Coast photo shoots, corporate events or just a fun day out with the kids!
Scheduled engine runs:
- Slot 1: 10.30 am
- Slot 2: 12.30 pm
- Slot 3: 2.30 pm