Balmoral State High School | Parent Fact Sheet
Why Choose Balmoral State High School?
For Brisbane Schools Open Days – Click Here
Established in 1858, Balmoral State High School is situated on ten hectares in Morningside, approximately 6 km from Brisbane’s CBD, easily accessed via public transport. The well-established school holds pride in providing decades of great secondary education to thousands of students to prepare them for their future careers.
The school’s committed teachers and support staff provide guidance to students to help them grow socially and emotionally to achieve academic success.
Additional activities offered:
Year 10 students have the opportunity to enter into 27 authority and 10 authority registered subjects in Year 11 and 12. Such subjects, supported by vocational certificates in include Engineering Construction Information Communication Technology Tourism and Business Justice Studies.
- Boeing Enterprise Team – students who work on real life science, aerospace and business enterprises
- School Musical
- Robotics Club
- Cheerleading and Dance Ensemble
- Debating and Youth speaking competitions, Public speaking courses
- Australian Mathematics Competition
- Concert Band and Stage Band
- Gateway Learning
- Community combined bands
- Inter-school and recreational sporting activities
Facilities at Balmoral State High School:
Balmoral State High School offers an array of facilities for student learning, including:
- Science laboratories
- Industrial design technology facilities
- Five eLearning laboratories
- eLearning one2one laptop program
- Wireless school coverage
- Air-conditioned performing arts theatre
- Fully equipped kitchens and textiles learning zone
- Tennis, volleyball and basketball courts
- School ovals
- Assembly hall
- Resource centre
Other info about Balmoral State High School:
The Balmoral State High School Touch Football Excellence Program provides students with the opportunity to develop touch football skills to compete at a representative or elite level.
If you are looking for private high schools that are near Balmoral State High School, check out:
State high schools nearby:
If you are looking for state high schools that are near Balmoral State High School, check out:
- Coorparoo Secondary College
- Brisbane State High School
- Kedron State High School
- Cavendish Road State High School