A.B. Paterson College – Parent Fact Sheet
For Brisbane Schools Open Days – Click Here
Number of Students: 1400
Why Choose A.B. Paterson College?
A.B. Paterson College offers a supportive college community, which promotes a culture of leadership and lifelong learning to develop young men and women of character.
Located in Arundel on the Gold Coast, A.B. Paterson is a private, independent, co-educational college, which caters for children from Prep to Year 12. Also on site is an Early Childhood Centre.
The college offers diverse academic, pastoral, and co-curricular programs, catering for the needs, abilities and interests of its students. The college boasts dedicated teachers and state-of-the-art facilities.
Steeped in history, A.B. Paterson College was named after Australian legend, Andrew Barton (Banjo) Paterson. The school opened in 1991 with just 262 students.
The college prides itself on developing a community with strong Australian values.
It has a history of academic achievement and success in sporting.
The college’s teaching methodology is drawn from the Teaching for Understanding Framework from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. The college provides challenging learning opportunities and extension programs.
Additional activities offered:
Students are exposed to a number of opportunities including:
- Choir from Prep to Year 12
- Junior, intermediate and senior bands
- Junior and senior strings
- Jazz and contemporary instrumental trios, quartets and ensembles
- Junior, intermediate and senior dance troupes
- Annual college musical, Vocal Festival and senior play
- Annual Splendid Visions Art Exhibition and external art exhibitions
- Public speaking, including a poetry competition Debating.
Students attend physical education classes and participate in swimming, athletics and cross country.
The college hosts an annual ‘Olympics’ event for Prep to Year 3. Prep students also participate in a music and movement program.
Team sports include AFL, basketball, cricket, netball, water polo and more. Students can compete in regional, district, state and national sporting events.
The college offers clubs and societies to encourage and extend student’s passion for learning. These include, creative writing, the Duke of Edinburgh Award Programme, the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) challenge, poetry, public speaking and more.
A.B. Paterson College boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including virtual classrooms, computers, laptops and electronic whiteboards.
- a Multi-Purpose Centre for indoor sport and formal occasions, accommodating more than 1500 people. It includes classrooms, a gym, weights room and change room.
- an Aquatic Centre, including an eight lane 25m pool
- three main fields
- the Dawn Lang Performing Arts Centre
- a Collaborative Learning Centre
- a Mathematics Learning and Research Centre, which also houses the Food & Technology and Hospitality teaching rooms.
>> See our full list of Gold Coast Private Schools
>> How to get a scholarship to a private school on the Gold Coast
>> Gold Coast High School Ranking | including Tweed and Byron Secondary Schools
>> Find 2017 Open Days for Schools – Gold Coast and Tweed Heads
If you are looking for private schools that are near A.B. Paterson College, check out:
- Aquinas College
- Coomera Anglican College
- Jubilee Primary School
- Guardian Angels Catholic Primary School
State schools nearby:
If you are looking for state schools that are near A.B. Paterson College, check out:
- Arundel State School
- Pacific Pines State High School
- Coombabah State High School