Hillcrest Christian College – Parent Fact Sheet
Number of Students: Approximately 1180
Why Choose Hillcrest Christian College?
Hillcrest Christian College is a medium-sized college on the Gold Coast, focused on providing quality education within a safe and nurturing community.
High in the hinterland with views to Surfers Paradise and beyond, Hillcrest is situated on 10 hectares of bushland behind Burleigh Heads at Reedy Creek.
Hillcrest is a private, independent and co-educational school, which caters for Australian and International students from Kindergarten to Year 12 on the one campus.
The college is based on Christian values, providing students with a holistic and balanced education.
The college is comprised of two main communities, the Junior Learning Community (Prep to Year 6) and the Senior Learning Community (Year 7 to Year 12).
The college has an active Parents and Friends Association and welcomes involvement from parents.
Hillcrest integrates a Christian worldview into each of its subjects, while following State and Commonwealth guidelines.
The college offers learning support, a gifted and talented program, and an Honours and scholarship program. The college has partnerships with several universities, allowing students to complete first year university subjects as part of their senior studies.
Additional activities offered:
Hillcrest has an active Arts community, including:
- the Hillcrest Dance Academy
- speech and drama
- an instrumental music program
- ensembles, including strings, band and orchestra
- the college musical.
- Hillcrest has a vibrant and growing music department with nine part-time music specialists on staff. All students can study an instrument or voice.
Hillcrest offers sport excellence programs in netball, basketball, track and field, and futsal. As students become older, sporting options broaden with dance, rowing, triathlon and more.
Students compete in interschool sport.
The college offers cocurricular activities to extend on learning.
All secondary school students can participate in the Duke of Edinburgh program with bridge, bronze, silver and gold awards on offer.
Additional programs include:
- Art Club
Hillcrest provides itself on its state-of-the-art facilities and ongoing refurbishment to provide students with excellent learning and community areas.
- two indoor sports complexes
- three outdoor multi-use sports courts (2 covered)
- a 260 seat fully-equipped theatre
- a commercial grade hospitality kitchen
- specialist teaching spaces
- a sports oval with athletic facilities
- shaded areas
- six computer laboratories, including approximately 700 computers
- music, dance and drama studios with recording facilities
- art rooms
- science laboratories
- a Year 7 Learning Complex
- an undercover assembly hall
- undercover parking
- a gymnasium
- a newly renovated library
- a fleet of buses
>> See our full list of Gold Coast Private Schools
>> How to get a scholarship to a private school on the Gold Coast
>> Gold Coast High School Ranking | including Tweed and Byron Secondary Schools
>> Find 2017 Open Days for Schools – Gold Coast and Tweed Heads
If you are looking for private schools that are near Hillcrest Christian College, check out:
State schools nearby:
If you are looking for state schools that are near Hillcrest Christian College, check out:
- Clover Hill State School
- Robina State High School
- Elanora State High School