Number of Students: 640
Why Choose Kingston State College?
For Brisbane School Open Days – click here
Kingston State College is located in a natural woodland environment within the Logan district, positioned on the southern portion of Kingston Hill.
The school consists of two campuses; the 8 to12 State High School with 679 students, plus the Continuing Centre for Secondary Education (CCSE) with 230 part-time students.
Kingston State College offers a wide range of curriculum subjects to students in academic and vocational areas. It is the only school in the district with its swimming pool, and also provides vast sports playfields and courts.
Additional activities offered:
Kingston State College students benefit from an array of opportunities, activities and programs:
- Ties with local feeder schools
- All students complete 6 months of Chinese and Indonesian
- The school offers a Special Education Support Unit for students with special needs that require assistance in years 8 to 12
- Years 8 to 10 are exposed to creativity subjects through the Creative Industries Program which includes studies in Music, Dance, Drama and Visual Arts.
- Years 8 and 9 focused literacy and numeracy periods
- Participation in Logan Music Idol
- High performance HPE which prepares students for Senior PE studies in Year 11 and 12
- Authority subjects Maths C, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Legal Studies, Ancient History, Dance, Film and Television and Visual Art for years 11 and 12.
- Flexible senior pathways program with industry placements in years 10 to 12, school VET certificates, school based traineeships and apprenticeships.
- The opportunity to study vocational courses up to Certificate III at TAFE Colleges
- Entry programs offered by QUT – Q Step and ongoing Nexus programs.
- Leadership program for Years 8 to 12
- QSA Authority Registered subjects; Tourism, Early Childhood Practices, Computer Graphics, Hospitality Practices, Recreation Studies, Visual Art Studies and Engineering Year 11 and 12 Certificate II Qualifications include: Live Production, Digital Media and Technology and Furnishings
- Student Council
- Wide range of sports; Cross Country, Rugby League, Touch Football, Athletics, AFL, Basketball, Volleyball, High Performance Sports. Students can represent in District competitions in Rugby Union. Excellence in Touch ‘All Schools Competition’ Whites Hill, athletics.
- Partnership with Woodridge SHS/Titans Rugby League for years 10 to 12
- School sports competitions both on a district state and national level
- Pedal Prix’ bike activities and carnival
- Cultural experiences and excursions
- Staff and students in ‘Community Rec’ 11/12 provide school site support at Kingston State School for Sports’ Days and Athletics Carnivals
- Indigenous partnership with South East region DETE/TITANS – ‘LEARN, EARN, LEGEND’
- Year 12 Senior Formal
- Music program
- Involvement in ‘House of Champions’
- School camps and excursions
- Australian Business Community Network (ABCN) – Aspirations Year 11 program, FOCUS Year 11 Girls with business partner CBA, Rise (Read Inspire Succeed Exceed) Literacy program with Year 9, GOALS Year 9 with business partners Navitas, Stockland, Norton Rose, Fuji Xerox.
- Gifted and Talented Education extension activities (GATE)
- High Performance/Enrichment program
- ‘High Resolve’ Leadership program
- Guest speakers on current topics; social justice, life skills, safe driving
- Forums and discussions organised by School Based Health Nurse
Facilities at Kingston State College:
Kingston State College is going through a transition rollout to offer a 1:1 laptop program to students in years 8 to 12. Additionally, an Asset Management and ABTutor software closely monitors student laptop use.
The college’s wireless network exists across the entire campus and digital projectors/smart projectors are available for students to engage in digital learning.
A 20 desktop computers and 10 laptops in the Apple iMac lab are available for the Arts curriculum area to use. This has enabled arts students focusing on film, television, new media and music technology to access the very latest technology to assist with their studies in ‘real-world’ learning experiences.
Other facilities offered by Kingston State College include:
- A newly built community hall that can hold up to 1,000 people, features state-of-the-art sound and multimedia equipment.
- Established gardens and grounds including a bush tucker garden and facilities including tennis and basketball courts, a softball diamond, rugby and soccer fields and handball courts.
- The Homework Centre, positioned in the library, which operates between 2:45pm and 5pm three afternoons per week.
- A 25 metre swimming pool; the only pool found in a school within the district.
- State-of-the-art technology, with a learning area computer lab and Apple Mac lab for arts subjects, and wireless facilities across the school
Other info about Kingston State College:
Kingston State College works with Junior Secondary (years 7 to 9) to introduce students and prepare them for high school education. This initiative assists with a smooth transition for students moving from Kingston Primary School to Kingston State College.
Building works by Education Queensland took place recently, which saw the completion of the Performing Arts block, a teaching block and the Special Education Department being refurbished.
For Brisbane School Open Days – click here
If you are looking for private high schools that are near Kingston State College, check out:
State high schools nearby:
If you are looking for state high schools that are near Kingston State College, check out: