Summer Sausage Salad – Snack
Families Magazine is proud to bring you 20 healthy and easy to make snacks with recipes included!
Serves 5, Prep time 40 mins
- 1 packet of Peppercorn’s Extra Lean Italian Style Sausages
- ½ a large Beetroot, cut cross ways into circles and finely sliced into thin strips
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ a large Cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-2 cobs of Corn, cut from the cob (or ½ – 1 can corn kernels, no added salt)
- 1 Avocado, de-seeded, peeled and cubed
- 4 – 5 cups Salad Greens (Ice burg lettuce is fine), roughly chopped
- Dressing of choice – balsamic, Italian, lemon juice, fresh or dried herbs
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degrees, lightly greasy a baking tray with spray oil and bake sausages for 20mins, or until thoroughly cooked.
- While the sausages are cooking, cut and prepare vegetables as per ingredients specifications. Place all chopped vegetables into a large serving bowl or shared among individual bowls.
- Once sausages are cooked allow to cool slightly, chop into bite size pieces and arrange over salad.
- Serve with desired dressing