REVIEW: Staycation Ideas – Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Families Magazine – Gold Coast Editor and her family stayed as guests of the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa.
Smack bang in the heart of Surfers Paradise you’ll find one of the most incredible swimming pools you’re likely to find! And that’s just one of the exciting features on offer at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa.
We checked out what’s on offer and tell you why you need to put this place on your travel bucket-list. Read on for more …
Comfort plus! The kids LOVED the decadence of the huge comfy beds.
Our staycation at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa …
Located on Ferny Avenue in Surfers Paradise, the 304 room Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa boasts incredible views. Floor to ceiling windows throughout let you soak in the ocean vistas right around to the hinterland beyond.
While Andy and I took in the glorious sights, the kids had just one thing on their mind … that pool!
Reserved exclusively for the use of guests, Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa pool boasts waterfalls, caverns, tropical flora, non-stick sand (that is ‘a thing’ … who knew?) and some pretty great nooks for chilling out making this pool one definitely worth your time to check out.
Going one step further than regular resort pools – although they have that covered too … waterslide anyone? – you can also enjoy the beach-like gradual dip into a naturally filtered salt water lagoon – perfect for toddlers to dip in their toes.
The beautiful waterfalls provide a natural filter for the lagoon, which means that it’s not a chlorine-fest and you can share your swim with an array of tropical fish. Yes, fish! The kids LOVED this feature, they could float along in their goggles to see who could they spot. The resort’s fish-feeding session was also a big hit.
We hired snorkel gear and the kids had a blast.
The warm towels, wait service and cocktails meant that I also had a blast 😉
Luxury is the best way to describe what we found upon entering our rooms – we had two rooms – interconnecting: 1 King + 2 Doubles.
Andy loved the view from the balcony.
I adored the marble bathroom.
The kids were bang up for the pillow-top mattresses!
There was plenty of space for all of us and our gear, and even as a large family we were not tripping over each other.
It was also our youngest son’s birthday and he was delighted when management sent up a special treat just for him.
The breakfast buffet *drools* is something to behold. You could almost spend the entire morning indulging in the fine foods on offer. For the kids they provided a great selection of fruits, cereals, juices, pastries and more. And for us, well you name it – they had it!
As for other dining options:
Full American breakfast
Chapter & Verse Bar And Lounge International
Lounge amongst the palms. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Citrique Restaurant International
The renowned seafood buffet! Enjoy the freshest seafood, sourced locally on the Gold Coast, at this award-winning restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Misono Japanese Steakhouse Japanese
Misono showcases expert chefs preparing Japanese feasts on a teppan hot plate built into your table. It’s the ultimate in dining and entertainment. You may have to share a table with other guests, but it is a super-fun way to make new friends. Open for dinner.
Open during holidays and peak times from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., the pool bar offers a range of light meals to enjoy as you relax by the resort’s sandy beaches and saltwater lagoon. This is your chance to try one of the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa’s signature cocktails. Open for lunch.
Being just a stroll from Cavill Avenue in Surfers Paradise, it was easy for us to head out on foot and try the local restaurants and fast food places as well.
Speaking of bucket lists, Betty’s Burgers in Surfers Paradise is another adventure to add to yours. Yum!
The final verdict
There’s just so much for families to see and do in Surfers Paradise, having a home-base allowed us to really explore all that was on offer. And of course, that pool!
We loved our stay at the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa and we’ll definitely be back for a longer staycation!
The nitty gritty
Kid’s Activities Centre
Open 365 days for children age 4+.
Contact Front Office for calendar and bookings. Fees apply.
Phone: +61 07 5592 9800
- On-site parking
- Valet parking
- Off-site parking
- No parking for camper vans, marine craft, trailers and other large-size vehicles.
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32 inch wide opening
- Fitness center entrance is accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Pathway to registration desk is accessible
- Registration desk is accessible
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Spa entrance is accessible
- Business center entrance is accessible
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Meeting spaces are all accessible
- Pool entrances are all accessible
- Restaurants and lounges are all accessible
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry are not available for pools
- Guest rooms Wireless, Wired
- Complimentary High Speed: Check email + browse the Web
- Enhanced High Speed: Video chat, download large files + stream video for a fee
- Lobby and public areas: Complimentary Wireless, Wired
- Meeting rooms: Wireless, Wired
Services & Amenities
- All public areas non-smoking
- Barber/Beauty shop
- Buffet breakfast,
- Cash machine/ATM
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Concierge desk=
- Continental breakfast, fee from: 30.00 AUD
- Evening turndown service
- Foreign exchange
- Full American breakfast, fee from: 39.00 AUD
- Grab-n-Go breakfast, fee from: 4.50 AUD
- Hot breakfast, fee from: 39.00 AUD
- Housekeeping service daily
- Laundry on-site
- Laundry on-site, coin operated
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Newspaper delivered to room, on request
- Newspaper in lobby
- Room service
- Room service, 24-hour
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Virtual Concierge Available