UPDATED FOR 2019: Halloween Brisbane – Where to Trick or Treat Brisbane!
Are you looking for Halloween Brisbane style? Did you just google: best places to go trick or treating near me or haunted houses near me?
Well, you have the correct article!! We know where to trick or treat in Brisbane – this article will give you a list of all the best places to go trick or treating near you that welcome you to enjoy their spooky decorated house in 2019!
When is Halloween in Brisbane?
If you are wondering when will people trick or treating in Brisbane, we can answer that. The majority of people on our list of trick or treat places in Brisbane will expect you on THURSDAY 31st October, 2019.
When do you start trick of treating?
Wondering what time to go trick or treating? Trick or Treating USUALLY starts around 5 – 5.30pm and finishes by 8pm. Individual houses have the right to start and finish whenever they want – please respect them.
Kids Halloween costumes
We love the range of kids Halloween costumes on Amazon – so easy – click here to see the ones in the photo above. (Side note, I bought the alien Halloween costume for my son this year!)
Where to Trick or Treat in Brisbane Halloween 2019!
Looking for the BEST neighbourhoods with haunted houses and trick or treat experiences in Brisbane? Try these venues in 2019 but remember if you plan to take the kids ‘out of your local area’ you may like to consider taking some ‘treats’ to replenish the supplies of the houses you visit. It can get busy in the popular areas.
Please respect the residents of these homes who put so much effort into making incredible displays that everyone can enjoy – it is important to show respect and not ruin anyone’s fun.
Looking for a “safe place” to take your kids trick or treating in Brisbane? You don’t have to be of Scottish heritage (or US for that matter) to enjoy a few spooky Halloween activities and some trick or treating here in Brisbane. There are plenty of Halloween street parties in Brisbane for kids who love a little dress up and a little scary fun!
Halloween Brisbane 2019 | Trick or treating tips:
- Note that Trick or Treating USUALLY starts around 5 – 5.30pm and finishes by 8pm. Individual houses have the right to start and finish whenever they want – please respect them.
- Tricking is not really done in Australia, so don’t let little ones think they’ll be toilet papering a house!
- Never let a child go alone. Stay with your child at all times and inspect all treats before they eat. All Halloween sweets should be sealed. Don’t let kids eat anything from a broken package.
- Take bottled water and limit how many treats kids can eat lest they become sick before the street party is finished. Make a deal BEFORE you go on how many treats are up for grabs on the night!
- Eat some good food before you go!
- Be cautious on roads. Although the street parties we’ve listed are pretty well known, local drivers may not be aware.
- If you’re going trick or treating in your own street, keep in mind that not everyone is keen! Stick to the neighbours you know or opt for an organised street party!
- Treat buckets fill fast and sweets will be decanted into your handbag! Take a bag for each child as you’ll be carrying their stuff (as always!)
- Respect the displays and do not over-crowd (particularly if you have travelled to another suburb)
- SAY THANK YOU!
Places to trick or treat – Brisbane Northside, Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast
This streets list is compiled from various sources including ‘Brisbane Halloween Lovers’ Facebook group, emails directly to us, comments on our website and PM’s to our own Facebook page – thank you to everyone for participating! Please feel free to message us so YOU can be included as well!
Brisbane Halloween 2019
We are constantly updating this list as new information comes to light so please watch this space.
65 Jagora Drive
26 Lever Street
63A Emperor Street
10-12 Boon Street
Poison Pumpkin Patch – 14 Arcola St
15 Wynford Street – Ghouls in Wynford Street
10 Vincent Street
2-8 Rothbury Street (Halloween Charity Event)
46 Belvedere Crescent – Belvedere Boo Grew
27 Karena Street
20 Geraint Street
16 Barrabui Street
21 Dimboola Street
5 Gordon Street
176 Lascelles Street
67 Ronald Court (annual Halloween Spooktacular Maze!)
24 Avocado Drive
1 Camellia Street
51-55 Kenna St (Neighbourhood party! Wooooooo!)
50 Biarra street – House of Death (note: this one will be SPOOKY)
3 Paringa Close
7 Fallon Street
35 Ferny Way
4 Dya Place – Higgins Haunted Mansion
411 Robinson Road West
Howard St – The Howard Haunt
84 Carinya Street
12 Butterfly Drive
7 Rees Street
44 Moraby Street
Blackwood Street – This is a highly organised street party with rides and other attractions
22/24 Emerald Place
64 Mellino Drive
25 Wattlebrush Court
24 Glorious Avenue – Haunting in Narangba
36 Waterway Crescent – Waterway Skeletons
Overlea Street Nudgee – Decorated houses, tons of neighbourly love and up to 100 trick or treaters in frightening costumes!
54 Imbros Street – Nightmare in Nundah!
22 Pinnock crescent – Nightmare on Halloween Street
35 Friars Crescent
31 Gibbs Street
40 Hayward Street
2 Meredith Street
9 John Street
31 Davis Street
107 Clayton Street
Mid 200’s on University Way
45 Melaleuca Drive – Creepy Haunt
48 Woodstock Avenue
64 Brisbane Road
Munna Street – Wilston Spooktacular
1 Slessar Street
42 Alexander Street
Places to trick or treat Brisbane South, Logan, Redlands & Gold Coast
34 Harden street – Harden Street Haunted House
30 Garter Street
17 Kingston Avenue
4 Pigeon Court – Ghoulicious
85 High St – Howling at the Moon
3 Ferndale Street (You can find this special house on Facebook here! Definitely a great Halloween spot if you’re on the southside!)
Oxford Street. Hocus Pocus in the Park is the launching place and then there’s tons of trick or treating in streets nearby
42 Karthina Street
26 Lewis street – Arachnophobia (argh!)
16 Lewis Place
20 Lewis Place
21 Lewis Place
29 Lewis Place
31 Lewis Place
32 Lewis Place
33 Lewis Place
34 Lewis Place
49 Cottonwood Crescent
5 Perkins Street
96 Benhiam street
43 Wilson Drive – The Graveyard
46 Hecklemann Street
202 Gallipoli Road
Kidwelly Street – surrounding streets also get involved – take a stroll to find the best places!
Capalaba Park Shopping Centre has a trick or treat event that’s best suited to smaller kids. It kicks off from 4pm.
9A Kaye St
69 Lawrie Drive – Gorey on Lawrie
27 Pearse Street
12 Stack Street
93 Nyleta Street – A Nightmare on Nyleta Street
36 Amelia Street – Cheers Witches!
8 Ochna Street – Pirate Party
20 Trulson Drive
3/39-41 Fryar Road
67 Wren Street
40 Monmouth Street
38 Stephen Street
55 Crest Road – Creepy Trees Manor
27 Grunert Street
17 Rudduck Street
Many Harbour Village, Cambridge Parade. The Manly street party is a highly organised event.
11 Carnation Road – Witches Greenhouse
18 Avalon Street
103 Horizon Drive
27 Gertrude McLeod Crescent
1 Dunstan Street – The Witches in the Woods
24 Wallace Street
55 Lyon Street
98 Victoria Street
2/17 Ivymount – Scarington Alley
14 Nalbaugh Lane
47 Albert Place
8 Bloodwood Place
65 Estramina Road
71 125 Orchard road – The Ghoulish Graveyard
6 Gawler Street
2 Tora Street
Seventeen Mile Rocks
46 Carlyle Street
161 Ekibin Road (East)
64 Lancelot Street
19 Acacia Street
Ranch Street – This is a highly organised event that has a gold coin donation entry to raise money for research into rare cancers. It’s been happening for nearly a decade and has extra scary stuff for bigger kids. The legendary Halloween House is a must do for Brisbane families!
Daphne Place (there are a number of displays to check out in this street!)
127A Merrick Street
45 Southgate Drive
Places to trick or treat West Brisbane and Ipswich
Streets around Catherine Morgan Park – organised event in the park and then trick or treating for all!
525 Junction Road
1 Bottomley Street – Maze of Terror
85 High Street
13 Moy Street
163A Pratten Street
52 Gosden Drive
6 Starling Street
8/39-41 Fryar road
21/172 Fryar Road
214 Kingfisher Street
Mortlake Road – This is a well known and highly organised one. Kids will have a ball!
15 Wandoo Court
15 Avon Street
1/19 St Andrews Drive
31 Milligan street
14 Mark Court – Creepy Carnival
5 Lisa Court
8 Raceview Street
Norton Sands Drive
Milford Street – Kozij Krazy House
1 Zen Court
12 Moonbeam Street
3 Caspian Court
Know of an amazing places to trick or treat between Brisbane and Ipswich? Tell us – we’re dead keen to share!
Toowoomba Turns Up The Spook! Trick or Treat Paradise!
Toowoomba is Spooky Town! The city really gets behind Halloween with massively co-0rdinated street party events and hosted events. If you’re planning a trip to Toowoomba, make it Halloween Weekend! Watch THIS SPACE as we hope to update with street listings soon.
A big thank you to the Facebook group Halloween Toowoomba and Surrounds for this fab map and list of addresses!
Places to trick or treat in Toowoomba | Halloween QLD
- 31 John Street, Cambooya
- 9 Quarry Street, Cambooya
- Aster Street, Centenary Heights
- 5 Cranley Street, Centenary Heights
- 4 Macquarie Street, Centenary Heights
- 22 Cleary Street, Centenary Heights
- 9 Roderick Drive, Cotswold Hills
- 25 Liebke Crescent, Cranley
- 11 Nolan Court, Darling Heights
- 4 Dylan Court, Darling Heights
- 9 Jamieson Court, Darling Heights
- 11 Harrison Court, Darling Heights
- 89 Luck Street, Drayton
- 17 Brose Street, Drayton
- 2/25 Kaytons Street, Drayton
- 96 Margaret Street, East Toowoomba
- 6 Lindsay Street, East Toowoomba
- 40 Alistair Street, Glenvale
- 1/3 Parkview Drive, Glenvale
- 5 Balaroo Drive, Glenvale
- 49 Strathconan Drive, Glenvale
- 51 John Street, Goombungee
- 101 Ruthven Street, Harlaxton
- 33 Coonan Street, Harlaxton
- 74 Warwick Street, Harristown
- 5 Gascony Street, Harristown
- Nowak Street, Harristown
- 50A Warwick Street, Harristown
- 3 Wessex Street. Harristown
- 24 Merritt Street, Harristown
- 257 West Street, Harristown
- 20 Muller Street, Kearneys Spring
- 7 Sapphire Court, Kearneys Spring
- Lockyer Street, Kleinton
- 48 Bennett Street, Kleinton
- Camborne Street, Kleinton
- 7 & 9 Lockyer Street, Kleinton
- Heron Court, Kleinton
- 209 Nelson Street, Middle Ridge
- 17 Holt Street, Middle Ridge
- 24 Calypso Crescent, Middle Ridge
- 4 Steinhort Court, Middle Ridge
- 28 Amos Crescent, Mount Lofty
- 3 Westbrook St, Newtown
- 73 Rome Street, Newtown
- 15 Vacy Street, Newtown
- 11 Pottinger Street, Newtown
- 37 Jimbour Drive, Newtown
- 16 Hanlon Street, Newtown
- 73 Hume Street, Pittsworth
- Webb Street, Rangeville
- 14 Ott Street, Rangeville
- 24 Blue Hills Drive, Rangeville
- 18 Sylvan Court, Rangeville
- 8 Box Street, Rangeville
- 5 Girrawheen Street, Rangeville
- 15 Marcia Street, Rangeville
- 225 Bridge Street, North Toowoomba
- 6 Chamberlain Street, North Toowoomba
- 3 Edward Street, North Toowoomba
- 22 Cranley St, South Toowoomba
- 13 View Street, South Toowoomba
- 1 Station Street, South Toowoomba
- Beech Lane, Toowoomba City
- 33 Elizabeth Street, Westbrook
- 9 Vista Court, Withcott
- 18 Claret St, Wilsonton Heights
- 44 & 45 Wine Dr, Wilsonton Heights
- 9 Hardy Court, Wilsonton Heights
- 10 Hinton Street, Wilsonton
- 14 Coolawin Court, Wilsonton Heights
- 25 Dalmeny Street, Wilsonton
- 4 Paull Street, Wilsonton
- 361 Tor Street, Wilsonton
- 6 Baron Court, Wilsonton
- 25 Linburg Street, Wilsonton
- 52 Kingsford Smith Drive, Wilsonton
- 56 Kingsford Smith Drive, Wilsonton
- 17 Tara Street, Wilsonton
- 14 Coolawin Court, Winsonton
- 25 Dalmeny Street, Wilsonton
- 13 Byrd Court, Wilsonton
- 22 Wine Drive, Wilsonton Heights
- 16 Sherry Street Wilsonton Heights
- 2 Kensei Street, Wyreema
- 5 Ashby Court, Wyreema
Thank you to the Facebook group “Halloween Toowoomba and the Surrounding Areas” for this awesome list!
Toowoomba also holds some great events for kids!
- Trick or Treating at Wyreema Hall. 28th October. $5 per child.
- Halloween Kids Party at Wilsonton Hotel. 31st October 6-830pm.
Halloween trick or treating in Brisbane
Next year, why not think about hosting your own street party for Halloween Brisbane style?
Planning to host your own Halloween Street Party CLICK HERE for instructions and tips!
Have we mentioned your street party? We’d love to talk to you about your experience. If you have any tips, tricks or concerns about Halloween Brisbane, please shoot us a message!