Grace Lutheran College | Parent Fact Sheet
For Brisbane Schools Open Days – Click Here
Grace Lutheran College is a co-educational, private high school split over two campuses in Rothwell and Caboolture, north of Brisbane. The primary school, Grace Lutheran Primary School, can be found in nearby Clontarf. This unique schooling system offers the chance for families to immerse themselves in a school culture that is compassionate, concerned with the individual and focused on giving space for children to be the best they can be.
Grace Lutheran College – a special choice
Grace Lutheran College is a Christian community that encourages members from all walks of life to celebrate diversity, tolerance and respect for all. Students at this college are educated in “The Grace Way” – characterised by Grit, Growth and Grace.
As well as a strong focus on academic and cultural development, the thing that parents love about Grace Lutheran College is the warm sense of pastoral care and responsibility. This sense of love and duty permeates every interaction from the classroom to the school yard to interactions with parents. Staff and students at Grace Lutheran College are respectful, duty-bound through service and whole-heartedly embrace any challenges that come their ways with a sense of dignity and spirit.
Two campuses – one spirit
Rothwell and Caboolture both offer innovative, 21st century based learning that provides students with a wealth of opportunities. They offer a variety of sporting, cultural and service activities that students can take part in. Some of these include:
- Sport – Australian Rules Football, Basketball, 20 over Cricket, Equestrian (multiple events), Fishing, Futsal, Hockey, Indoor and Outdoor Netball, Rugby League, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Touch Football, Beach Volleyball, Indoor Volleyball and Waterpolo.
- Performing Arts – Dance troupes, drama troupes, a wide variety of musical ensembles and tech crew development, film and TV club, speech and drama club, art club.
- Service – Shave for a cure, Faith and Service group, Miss Sisterhood, Indonesia Support, Cambodia Support, Minefield (middle school boys relationship workshops).
- Academic clubs and societies that appeal to a wide range of interests.
Service Learning at Grace Lutheran College
“Using what I know and can do to serve others.”
That is the essence of Service-Learning and the heart of what they do at Grace. Service-Learning aims to Expose students to the nature and needs of our communities and our world; Encourage students to recognise the innate value of people and our world, placing emphasis on connecting through relationship; and Empower students to take a stand and seek justice for people and planet through love.
Service-Learning at Grace is about using a conceptual lens to look at issues at both a local, national and international level. These issues are looked at from the perspectives of Innate Dignity, Story, Boundary Crossing, Come as Guest, Presence, Community and Stewardship.
True Service-Learning is embedded in the curriculum and students empathy dive to unpack and understand the needs and stories of those they are going to serve. It is about the “other” and not about us.
Grace is involved in projects at both local, national and international levels. These include:
- A partnership with The Lodge, a Youth Support Shelter, where students have created textile items to meet the needs in the home they create for displaced youth. Students and staff participated in a Sleepout and clothing drive to raise awareness of our local & national youth homelessness issue, which raised funds for The Lodge and met practical needs.
- World’s Greatest Shave, where students raise funds to shave their head to raise awareness for Leukaemia.
- Year 8 Textile students are supporting a local aged care facility through making personalised fiddle quilts for residents with dementia. These students have listened to their stories and understand the innate dignity of each person to then design and create a quilt for each person. Creative Industries have also worked with this facility to create tactile artworks to also assist with their therapy.
- Building Culture, Language and Community. Grace partners with two schools in Indonesia which allows students to cross boundaries in terms of culture, and to step out of their comfort zone to serve our Indonesian friends in further developing their English language skills, and together develop a sense of community.
- Service-Learning is evident in many Departments across the school: Design Technology have supported local organisations with the skills they have building picnic tables for a Riding School for the disabled, therapy benches used as an occupational therapy tool, and trailers. The Business Department has students explore a variety of Charities that they wish to support before developing Business Ventures to help support their needs; Food Studies creates freezer meals for our Grace Community, so that these can be used at times when a Grace Family may need some extra support.
Please get in touch with any of the Grace Service Learning Staff at either campus to find out more.
What are the public transport options to Grace Lutheran College?
Split over two campuses, students have a wide range of options including public transport, school bus systems and own vehicle transport. Check with your chosen campus as to what options will be available for your child.
What are the school fees at Grace Lutheran College?
Below are the school fees at a glance for ROTHWELL STUDENTS.
YEAR 7 – $7,240
YEAR 8 – $7,980
YEAR 9 – $8,180
YEAR 10 – $8,180
YEAR 11 – $8,660
YEAR 12 – $8,660
Below are the school fees at a glance for CABOOLTURE STUDENTS.
YEAR 7 – $6,200
YEAR 8 – $6,980
YEAR 9 – $7,660
YEAR 10 – $7,660
YEAR 11 – $8,200
YEAR 12 – $8,200
For Brisbane Schools Open Days – Click Here
Find out more about Grace Lutheran College
Follow this link to find out about upcoming Grace Lutheran College events, including campus open days.
You can contact administration at Grace Lutheran College at any time to arrange a personalised tour of your campus of choice. See the Grace Lutheran College difference for yourself.