- This event has passed.
Winter School Holidays at MoB | CBD
24 June - 9 July
Shake off the winter chill and warm up your creativity at Museum of Brisbane these school holidays. With a fun adventure available every single day of the week, there’s so much to see and do at MoB. School holiday activities run from 24 June to 9 July and include:
- Discover MoB’s curious collections with a walk through Clay: Collected Ceramics, Making Place: 100 Views of Brisbane and The Local
- Get positively potty with a hands-on collage activity and go in the draw to win a one-of-a-kind Impossible Pot made by Bonnie Hislop
- Mix up the mediums and make a screen-printed masterpiece at Teen Screen Printed Pots.
- Become a detective for the day with a fun game of Little Artist’s Eye Spy
- Take a ride up the famous Clock Tower and see the city sights from up above
Inspired by the colourful creations of Bonnie Hislop, Museum of Brisbane are inviting you to push the idea of pottery to impossible heights!
These school holidays, get ready to go potty for this interactive collage activity which is all about stretching your imagination to the limits. Will your pot have ten tentacles and a moustache? A rainbow cat? With paper, pen and glue, let your ideas fly.
The best part is that ceramicist Bonnie Hislop herself will choose a winning impossible pot to bring to life and gift to the creator.
- FREE | Saturday 24 June – Sunday 9 July 2023 | 10:00am – 1:00pm
Teen Screen Printed Pots
Join MoB these winter holidays for a special teen tour of their colourful new exhibition, Clay: Collected Ceramics where you’ll be inspired by the function and form of creative clay. Then return to the studio where you’ll design, screen print and sew a special “pillow vase” to take home with you.
A fun opportunity to mix up mediums and make your very own masterpiece, this is a workshop that’s all about breaking out of the mold!
- $30pp plus booking fee
- Friday 30 June + Friday 7 July | 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Ticket link – https://www.museumofbrisbane.com.au/whats-on/teen-screen-printed-pots/
Little Artist’s Eye Spy
There is plenty for little eyes to spy with MoB’s Kids’ activity sheet. You never know what you might spot in this exciting game of Eye Spy – discover details you might have otherwise missed. This playful museum experience will immerse you in all manners of local art, history, and culture, encompassing five different exhibitions.
- Daily | 10:00am – 5:00pm
Clock Tower Tours
Take in sweeping views of the city from the top of the Clock Tower and take a ride in one of Brisbane’s oldest working cage lifts to look behind Australia’s largest analogue clock faces in this must-do Brisbane experience.
- FREE – bookings required
- Daily |10:15am – 4:45pm every 15 minutes
For more information, visit https://www.museumofbrisbane.com.au/whats-on/winter-school-holidays/