- This event has passed.
Treasure Hunt | Ipswich Art Gallery | 23 June, 2021
23 June, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until 10 July, 2021
Who doesn’t love a treasure hunt?! The chance to discover your own treasure has to be one of the most exciting experiences you can give the kids these school holidays. Ipswich Art Gallery’s Treasure Hunt includes a HUGE sandpit with buried treasures hidden under layers of sand.
The fun begins with your little adventurer creating their own treasure bag, before being let loose to dig for treasure in the massive Treasure Hunt sandpit. What they discover is theirs to keep….and before you know it you’ll be heading home with a treasure bag filled with jewels, gems and special things.
Treasure Hunt is a playful experience for young children aged 3 – 8 years (and their families)*. It is the perfect way to learn about fossicking and geology while having fun.
- Dates: Wednesday 23 June – Saturday 10 July 2021
- Times: 9.30 am to 3.30 pm daily EXCLUDING SUNDAYS
- Cost:$5 per child. FREE for under 3s and accompanying parents/carers. Each entry fee entitles one child to a Treasure Bag to decorate and a wrist band for entry into the Treasure Hunt sandpit.
- Bookings: Not required. Pay at the Ipswich Art Gallery’s Information Desk on the day. (Cashless sales only)
- Age suitability: Recommended for ages 3 – 8 years. Children must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
*WARNING: Due to the choking hazard posed by ‘treasure’, this activity is unsuitable for children under 3 years old. A separate safe area is provided to cater to younger siblings under 3 years, admitted free of charge.
NB The Treasure Hunt sand pit will close periodically in the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, but will otherwise continue to operate during light or passing showers. In the event of a full-day cancellation, a notification will be posted to the Ipswich Art Gallery’s Facebook page.
For more information visit the Ipswich Art Gallery website.