- This event has passed.
Summer Days at The Workshops Rail Museum | Ipswich
12 January @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:30am, repeating until 28 January, 2019
Make the Museum your essential summer stop these school holidays!
Ideal for ages 3 – 10 + activities for under 3s
Make tracks to the Museum these summer school holidays for Summer Days at The Workshops Rail Museum.
Run away with the circus, see real life steam trains, diesel locomotives and more.
Make a day of it with entry to the Museum and all exhibits included in your ticket.
Buy tickets online or purchase at the door.
All aboard! First stop: Circus Train
Run away with the circus these school holidays and try your hand at juggling, hula loop, balance and more.
- See the special exhibition Circus Train and hear the delightful story of the circuses that travelled through Queensland by rail.
- Practice your acrobatic skills in the Circus Camp zone, or hone your aim and hand eye coordination in a game of Bean Bag Toss and Crazy Quoits.
- Dress up as your favourite circus character or animal.
- Head to the Museum’s maker space Creation Station and create a pair of elephant ears or a clown’s hat with puzzles and stories to read.
Next stop: Underworld: Mugshots from the Roaring Twenties
Something for the parents. Step back in time to the Roaring Twenties.
- See 130 compelling mugshots taken by police between 1920-30.
- Learn about the era, justice and photography, and snap a family mugshot at the selfie wall.