- This event has passed.
Kids Dig It! Medieval Family Fun Week | Caboolture
29 June, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until 10 July, 2020
The Abbey Museum is open and ‘Kids Dig It’ is back! And just in time for MEDIEVAL FAMILY FUN! In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, we’ve customised the experience to pack in the most fun possible. The program is best suited for children between 6 and 12 years of age. Here is how it will work.
Each day will be comprised of:
- 2-hour workshops (four 30-minute rotations at each activity)
- Three time slots per day
- Limited to 10 children per time slot (with one adult per booked child – Max 20 guests)
- Activities include
- Archery: Your child will learn the art of archery using traditional long bows.
- Archaeological Dig: Using archaeological excavation techniques, your child will uncover medieval artefacts and discover their significance.
- Medieval Masterclass: This includes an exploration into the art of heraldry and your child will create their own. They will also learn how to use a lucet to make belts and other accessories.
- Get Crafty: Your child will also be guided through an exploration of the Museum’s collection of medieval artefacts. They will also have time to create paper crafts in the form of a castle, a knight, a casket, or simply enjoy the peace of a colour-in activity at the craft tables.
*Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission.
*Please note – our current 2 for 1 museum visit offer does not apply to Kids Dig It entry.