Oz Comic-Con | Brisbane For Families and Kids 2019
Do you and your kids enjoy watching movies, television shows and animations? Have you ever been tempted to dress up alongside your children, or perhaps meet the people who bring those long favoured characters to life? This September you can find a way to make those daydreams a reality by visiting the Oz Comic-Con. Don’t worry if you’re not really into dress ups, there are plenty of cosplayers there to wow you and the kids with their amazing costumes and design features.
When and where to find Oz Comic-Con in 2019
Across the weekend spanning the 21 and 22 of September 20189. You can attend Oz Comic-Con in Brisbane with your family at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Opening hours are 9am – 6pm both Saturday and Sunday. Parking is ample beneath the centre with varying prices ranging from $17-$27. Alternatively, you can catch the train in and make the 10-15 minute walk from South Brisbane Station. You also have options to come in via the City Cat or the Busway.
Did you know kids travel free on public transport on the weekends? It’s true! Find out more here!
Adult and child-friendly events at Oz Comic-Con
Show your kids (and your own inner creative) some of the best examples of work to have evolved from the world of pop culture. Learn more about becoming an artist, illustrator, filmmaker, game designer or comic artist with workshops also being held in costume creation, animatronics, mask making, 3D printing, casting and illustrative design. There will be panels, actors, and a range of artists who work across comic, film and animation design sharing discussions and answering questions throughout the day. You may purchase autographs and/or photographs from your favourites with a long list of guests and individual pricing available at www.ozcomiccon.com Pre-purchases are available online with sales also occurring inside.
Official partners of Brisbane OZ Comic-Con 2018 are Foxtel, Star Wars, Marvel, Red Bull and more! It’s bound to be an absolute blast!
How to get involved in cosplay with your kids
For those who would like to dress up and become fully immersed in the atmosphere there are a number of events in which to be entered. Adults can get involved in the cosplay parade on Saturday, or for the more serious, the championships on Sunday. Kids can also sign up and get involved in an onstage parade where they can pose for photos and enjoy the limelight disguised as their favourite characters. Sign up occurs before taking to the stage for all events but children will also receive a certificate for participating in the fun.
How much does Oz Comic-Con cost in Brisbane?
- General Admission tickets – Access to the show ($32.50)
- General Admission + Child Combo tickets – 1 child admitted for free with full paying admission ticket. Child’s ticket purchase only necessary for additional children. ($32.50)
Child’s ticket ages: 5-12 inclusive.Children aged 4 and under will be admitted free across the weekend, accompanied by an adult
- Platinum Pass – the ultimate Oz Comic-Con experience. Includes priority queuing, tokens, Platinum Lounge, access to a Friday night meet and greet session with guests!
- Priority Pass – skip the queues with priority entry to the event and priority queuing for all autographs and photos lines. ($200)
- Collectors Pass – For the collectors amongst us – weekend admission pass with our limited edition 2019 only Collectors Pass and Poster!
- Marvel Mega Fan Pass – For the Marvel Super fans! – priority weekend entry with exclusive limited edition Marvel A3 poster and merch.
- Experience Tickets – Experience Tickets are based on a guest or shows/movies. Experience Tickets typically include a dedicated experience panel, photograph tokens, autograph tokens and priority queuing when applicable. The Ultimate Experience will include an exclusive meet-and-greet with the guest.
There are early bird discounts where you can save up to 22%. Tickets are available online or can be purchased on the door. Our tip is to get a multi pass (thumbs up if you get the Fifth Element reference) and maybe see if you can extend your stay over the two days.
If you have a companion card you can collect your ticket of admission from the ticket desk. Doors will open at 9am and close by 6pm both days, though it is important to note that tickets will not start selling until 9:30am when purchasing on the day.
For more ticketing information follow this link.
See you at Oz Comic-Con Brisbane! Share your costume ideas and plans here!