Feed the family fast with these simple but tasty cheeseburger sliders cooked a dozen at time. They also make a perfect meal for feeding the kids at sleepover parties!
Recipe and images by Elise Clarkson from Pixels and Sunshine for Families Magazine – Gold Coast
Perfect party food: Cheeseburger sliders by the dozen
Ingredients for the burger patties:
- 500 grams of lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons of onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons of Australian mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of plain bread crumbs
Ingredients for the topping:
- 12 dinner rolls (plain or with sesame seeds)
- 12 cheese slices
- Sliced cucumber pickles
- Tomato sauce
- American Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200ºc.
- Roughly line a baking pan (approx 34×24 cm) with greaseproof paper leaving some of the paper to hang over each side. This will make the sliders really easy to lift out after cooking.
- In a large bowl take a wooden spoon and mix the minced beef with the onion flakes, garlic powder and parsley. Once the dry seasoning is well combined, add in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Mix for a further one minute to bring the mixture together. Using your hands shape the burger patties into your preferred size.
- Cook the burger patties in a non stick fry pan and set aside.
- Cut through all 12 dinner rolls with a large bread knife and set the tops aside.
- Put the bottom of the dinner rolls into the baking pan.
- Place a slice of cheese on each bread roll.
- Add the pre-cooked burger patty.
- On top of this add the tomato sauce, mustard and two-three sliced cucumber pickles.
- Replace the tops and brush generously with the melted butter.
- Place in the oven for 10 mins until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are lovely and golden.
Serve straight from the oven and watch them disappear!
The nitty gritty:
- Makes 12 cheeseburger sliders (mini hamburgers).
- Takes approx 40 minutes to complete this recipe.
- Plan ahead for large parties by making and freezing the burger patties in advance.
- Adding an extra slice of cheese and some bacon is really, really good (bad-good, but good-good too!).