Christmas B52s – Kahlua, Cointreau and Baileys Ice-Cream Recipe
This simply AMAZING dessert brings together Baileys, Kahlua and Cointreau to make the best ice-cream you’ll ever taste – and there’s no cream involved. Baileys and Ice-Cream – what could go wrong! This recipe is THE taste of Christmas in Australia! Ho Ho Ho Happy Christmas!
- 10 large over ripe bananas (where black spots are beginning to appear on skin – usually 3-4 days after purchase)
- Plus 1 shot Baileys
- A shot of Kahlua
- 1 shot Cointreau
- 1/2 shot Vodka (optional: this helps keep the texture right)
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 2 egg yellows
- Cut bananas into disks, add orange juice, Nutella and condensed milk and freeze for a minimum of four hours
- Remove from freezer and add egg yolks
- Blend until a smooth paste
- Add all alcohol and blend thoroughly
- Put in individual serving cups (optional) and refreeze for two hours or until at the desired consistency.
- Prepare some festive decorations such as brandied oranges to dress up the dish for a festive grown-up Christmas table!
Families Tip: Use less alcohol if the bananas are on the small side. Add alcohol slowly, if the mix is getting too watery, do not add vodka. For sweeter ice-cream add extra sweetened condensed milk.
Watch this space for more “Christmas Dessert Ideas” including some summer cocktail desserts you’ll want every single night! Stand by for tropical cocktail sorbet and more ideas for Baileys ice-cream. We love it!
Looking for more Christmas Brisbane 2020 fun?
What have you got planned for Christmas lunch? If the idea of outsourcing is appealing be sure to read our guide to the BEST places for Christmas Lunch in 2020.
Check out our list of Christmas Markets Brisbane 2020 here.
We just love Christmas!
Have you checked out our DETAILED MAP of all the best Christmas lights in the South East Queensland region? We work hard (we’re like elves, in a way) to get you the very best up to date information to help you plan an epic driving adventure that your little ones (and big ones, let’s be honest) won’t soon forget.